Friday, August 12, 2011

It's the Final Countdown!

Photo dump/spoilers:

I present:
Russian 250

Back Row (from left to right): Josie, Katya, Natasha, Josie, Alsu (prof), Jessica
Front Row: Becky, Carol, me, William






SEATTLE!













One more week here in Seattle. I am so looking forward to getting back to Ellensburg, back to my other clothes, my other shoes, my other jewelry, my comfortable couch, my clean bathroom, my delicious summer weather. Oh, I simply cannot wait.

Worst moment of the week:
My test on Monday was, shall we say, appalling. It was vocab intensive, and I am deficient enough as it is. I skipped an entire page (of a 4-page test) and only wrote HALF of what I usually write on the final section, and then had to turn the thing in.

 I was missing words in every single sentence of translation, and I had no idea what the first ten questions were asking. I am expecting the lowest grade of the quarter.

Best moment of the week:
Yesterday, near the end of the class, Alsu told us that Friday's class was canceled! Almost immediately thereafter, my cousins Danny and Angela texted me to let me know they were here in Seattle, and ready to meet up with me. Within minutes we were wandering around campus. I showed them the BEAUTIFUL library, the gardens, the fountain, and we even got cookies when we accidentally wandered into some sort of function at the law building. This held us over until we got to Terrible Beauty Irish Pub (forty minutes later), the restaurant at which my cousin, Todd, is a cook.
A Terrible Beauty Irish Pub West Seattle
The food was tasty (even though a slight mix up meant we had to wait about twenty minutes to finally order) and we got to chat a bit with Todd before heading back out. We drove around Seattle, looking at THE BIGGEST HOUSES I HAVE EVER SEEN (I thought one of them was an apartment complex....), before heading back here so that we could walk around a bit more. Danny and Angela were both impressed with how much there is to do within walking distance of campus (i.e. EVERYTHING). We went to the book store for some souvenirs, then I FINALLY got to stop in at Haagen Dazs for an ice cream cone. 

Funniest moment of the week:
While at the UDUB (there SHOULD be a hyphen there, otherwise it's not "yoo-dub" but "uh-dub") bookstore, Danny asked if I was going to get anything to take back with me as a reminder of my time here, and I said "Yeah, a disease."

What have I been eating lately?
Blueberry muffins, apples, peanut butter on crackers, fish and chips and Haagen-Dazs ice cream!

What have you eaten lately?

Whose style am I crushing on?

Katie Holmes. I'm not a "fan" of her acting skills, but I think she's very elegant and glamorous. The last few years her fashion sense has been suspect, but lately she has looked beautiful and put-together every single time she's caught on camera. Her style is very similar to Kate Middleton's, it's so feminine and conservative, but never boring. LOVE!

No comments: