Friday, July 15, 2011

четверть

Worst moment of the week:
I received my third consecutive F, on my third test. I won't be able to pass this class, unfortunately. But that means that next year when I retake it I should be able to get A's, which will anchor my overall GPA, and I'll be reunited with most of the students who were in first year with me. That makes me feel better about it!

Best moment of the week:
I got back in touch with my friend Kyle today. 


He left after winter quarter to move back here, so I am hoping that he will be able to meet up with Dinara, Super and I for lunch before I go back to Central. He's a great guy, and I felt cheated that I didn't have enough time to get to know him. I think everyone in class felt that way!

Strangest moment of the week:
Victoria Beckham named her daughter Harper Seven. I think this is pretty strange, because that's been one of my top names for years. Both names are reasonably popular (Harper in the main stream, and Seven in the offbeat community) but the combination is unique. So weird that she "stole" it!

Funniest moment of week:
During an exercise in Russian class, we were required to make up funny hypothetical excuses for missing class. One of my classmates didn't have much of an imagination, and the best she could do was "I missed class because I was sick." Alsu requested from us some "exotic" diseases with which this student could have been ill. I offered several, ("The Plague," "Rickets," "Consumption") and after each Alsu laughed harder than the last. Of course, no one laughed harder than I did myself. 

What have I been eating lately?
Rotisserie chicken and Oreos!


Whose style am I crushing on?
Reese Witherspoon. 

Reese Witherspoon Pregnant Baby Bump

She knows how to hide a pregnancy. OH SNAP!


I have a test on Monday and an oral exam on Wednesday. I am probably not going to pass either of them, but I am going to keep studying hard. I love the class, and I'm going to make the most of it, even if I fail. 

No comments: