Friday, September 3, 2010

Oh Joy

I stink. Badly. I need a shower. Badly. But I can't take a shower. Because the bedroom has a puddle of standing water in it. Because a pipe is leaking. Or broken. After half an hour of frantic searching, three phone calls, and two messages, I finally made contact with human kind: Mr. Emergency Maintenance Man! Hopefully he will be here soon. We ended our call 15 minutes ago, he said he'd be here in "a few minutes" and I'm seriously exhausted after having been up since 6:30 (not that I did anything, but since I didn't get into bed until after 1 a.m.....). I'm not feeling optimistic about this situation. The linoleum in the kitchen is bubbling, it smells like crawl-space in the bedroom (which is a solid 3 feet away, since I've got a pantry and closet in between) which means the drywall is molding, and given the magnitude of the auslaufen I can't imagine it's going to be a quick fix. I don't think I should have to pay for anything (thank goodness for tenancy) but it's probably going to be a day or two of carpet removal and pipe repair. I can't even imagine....

I hate being a grown-up.

No comments: