Tuesday, June 1, 2010

sneak peak



It's almost the final final countdown. For this degree anyway. In two weeks I graduate cum laude (denoted by the red tassel which clashes magnificently with my crimson cap and gown) from Central Washington University with a BA in history. My mate Jer made me go get my regalia with him today after class and on our walk back across campus he turned to me with this big grin on his face and said "You're gonna put all that on when you get home, aren't you?" The thought had honestly not crossed my mind, but obviously once he said he was going to I had to do it, too. (He took a picture of himself with his silver magna cum laude tassel as well as his diploma frame with dual slots for his degrees in history and political science.)


Jer is one of my new friends here at Central. Yes, leave it to me to wait until halfway through my last quarter to make real friends and start socializing. Jeremy is brilliant, generous, friendly, and encourages me to do what makes me happy, even if it isn't challenging or impressive. I've taken his advice, and therefore I have some fairly big (though probably not surprising) info to share about how I will be spending the next year of my life before I go to grad school, but I will leave that post for another day. (I'm not dating, engaged, married, or pregnant, but it is still pretty fun.)

2 comments:

Tyler and Carisa said...

What's the big info?!?!?!?

And kudos to graduating!! What's better than one tassel?!!? TWO!

V^e said...

The big info isn't really anything that exciting, especially not after all of your delicious news! But it will be good when I make an announcement - I haven't finalized anything so I want to wait until I'm all set up before I do.

And thank you! You're absolutely right, two tassels are better than one. Though to be honest, I have no idea how I'm actually supposed to wear them. I'll try using The Google here in a bit and hope that I'm not completely off!!

Give your boys a hug from me!