Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone, a book on tape.

Links NSFW


If you are a fan of Harry Potter* and humor, and do not mind "sultry language," then boy do I have a treat for you. Dan Nealy, the genius behind this "historical" gem , recorded a humorous audio track which syncs up with the first Harry Potter film, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone. I highly recommend the experience (though, if one is familiar with the film one does not necessarily need to watch it, and can instead play the audio track as "a book on tape").

* You actually don't have to be an HP fan. Garrett HATES Harry Potter, but laughed his bum off (to the point where he spent about a solid minute doubled over in seizures of guffaws) and then quoted from it all day.

P.S. I believe I have discovered the identity of my "secret admirer," and have removed that individual from my Facebook friends list. This individual is, actually, crazy.

P.P.S. If you are into period drama, I recommend you watch the 2006 version of Jane Eyre. I had never bothered watching it because I judged the actors by their appearances. Well, that's not entirely true. I'd been exposed to earlier adaptations of the story and thought it was the worst story ever published (and that the adaptations were so awful I was embarrassed to admit I'd seen them), and thus used an easy and obvious excuse not to watch the 2006 version: the actors had an ill-favored look about them which would make watching even worse than earlier versions (I got sucked into the 1983 version because of Timothy Dalton). Both lead actors were amazing, and there were some seriously steamy (but still Mommy-Daughter Date appropriate) scenes. Instantly one of my favorite costume dramas, I'd sooner watch it than Pride & Prejudice. :O

No comments: