Sunday, August 23, 2009

teh futurz

Wednesday, September 23: First day of Fall Quarter
Saturday, September 26: L-SAT
Monday, September 28: GRE

I'm going to apply to:

Central Washington University Department of History Masters program
Washington State University Department of History PhD program
USC Department of History PhD program
USC Gould School of Law JD program
Pepperdine University School of Law

Fall quarter I am taking 8 credits of history (finishing my major) and a math class. Winter quarter I will be retaking 10 credits (geology and econ) as well as a history elective (for fun).
Spring quarter I will take history as well as possibly econ classes. I will graduate - hopefully with honors - in early June.

Because my grades are good but my GPA is bad I will be retaking 10 credits worth of classes, but cannot do it until Winter quarter, which doesn't finish until the end of March. This means some schools might reject me before I have a chance to fix my grades. I am not entirely sure I will stay in Ellensburg and get my Masters, even if I am rejected from every other program. If all else fails I will get a job somewhere that isn't windy all the time - or that at least has more to offer than said wind. (Not that Ellensburg sucks, but there isn't much to do there and I DO get restless occasionally.)

3 comments:

Tyler and Carisa said...

Yay!! That's so exciting!! Good luck on your exams!

Jessie said...

You are such a planner/thinker. I love it.

V^e said...

Haha, I've been getting that a lot lately. Except when people say "I love it" or "that's cute" I think they mean "You have no life, go get crunk and stop thinking all the time."

;)