Thursday, December 18, 2008

Actually, I don't like the snow.

We've had 10 inches of snow on the ground since about Sunday morning. I woke up this morning to another 3 inches...and it's still snowing. The winds were so strong in Athena last night that they closed the highway because the snow drifts were too big to get through. Here in Walla Walla we're supposed to get another 4 inches today, and another 2 inches tomorrow. Actually, the forecast for Walla Walla is nothing but snow for the next 10 days. It snows good here about once a year. It doesn't EVER snow for two solid weeks, and it certainly doesn't snow WHILE it's so cold. We had a week of sub-zero weather earlier this year - in April. What the hell am I supposed to do with myself? Normally our holidays consist of going to Coffee Perk, cruising around town listening to music, and going to the Taco Wagon before movies. I don't have my keys, and Chuck's the only other person with a car, but since he's snowed in to Athena, it looks like we're going to be doing a whole lot of not leaving the house this year.

No comments: