Thursday, October 2, 2008

Another Way To Die

http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2008/10/another_way_to_die_this_bond_m.php

This is the new Bond theme for the new Bond Movie. Unfortunately the title of the movie isn't the same as the title of the song, which I think is pretty cool. No, the title of the movie is "Quantum of Solace". That's a cool enough name...for a best-selling novel you'd find featured most prominently at an airport bookstore.

Growing up, Bond films were part of my film repertoire. My dad is a huge fan of the Bond films, having had only a brief falling out with the franchise during the ludicrous Pierce Brosnan era. While most people were upset with the move toward toehead Daniel Craig, I had seen him in Munich and was therefore whole-heartedly behind the casting decision. That being said, I was also not at all hopeful that the franchise would see any changes, as I believe that Clive Owen is a true-to-life James Bond:


Anyway, I thought the last Bond film was AMAZING. I absolutely LOVED every second of it** and as soon as it was over I watched it again. I have been waiting patiently for the next movie to come out and I know I won't be disappointed. I like the theme song considerably more than the one for the last movie!

**I hated the part where, after Bond and his little Accountant Lady kill that man in the stairwell, Bond comes to the room to find Accountant Lady in the shower, saying "It's like there's blood on my hands that won't come off." You can't use a metaphor when you're being literal! She DID have blood on her hands. And guess what? IT DID COME OFF!! That was literally the only thing in the entire movie that bugged me, because it was just stupid.

No comments: