Friday, September 5, 2008

source

It's been brought to my attention by one of the most badass people on the planet that I probably ought to cite the sources used to make my various "arguments" in my blogs. By all accounts, it's what a responsible, intelligent, educated person would do.

Instead I'm going to post a user advisory. I'm way too lazy to bother keeping track of my various sources, and certainly not up to figuring out how to neatly hyper link them into my blog. The things I say on my blog are all nonsense. My word isn't worth shite, so if there's an issue on here that catches your interest you should probably do some of your own damn research as my most badass friend does. The Google works pretty well.

From time to time I do intend to post legitimate articles (as I did with the article on rape within the US military a month or so ago), in which case I will properly site my sources.

Most importantly I want to clarify my earlier statements regarding condom usage and the prevention of HPV. They don't prevent HPV. They HELP prevent HPV (much like the meningitis vaccine, only condoms are cheaper and have positive side effects - like keeping you from giving birth to children or aliens). According to the wiki for HPV, a study "of 82 female university students followed for eight months, the incidence of genital HPV infection was 37.8 per 100 patient-years among women whose partners used condoms for all instances of intercourse, compared with 89.3 per 100 patient-years in women whose partners used condoms less than 5% of the time. The researchers concluded that "Among newly sexually active women, consistent condom use by their partners appears to reduce the risk of cervical and vulvovaginal HPV infection."

So, again - USE CONDOMS!

** Special thanks to Shazzer for being awesome and reading my rambles!! (I think I'm going to do a review on some of the recent Jane Austen adaptations that aired on PBS. Did you have a chance to see any of them? Sense & Sensibility was awesome, but Northanger Abbey was ADORABLE(!) and Persuasion had me breathing in a constant sigh. Siiiiiiiiigh!)

No comments: