Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Oh boys.

Why is it that I'm such an extremist? I don't like gentlemen my own age. I prefer them much older or quite a few years younger. The trouble here is that older men tend to get possessive and resort quite rapidly to an irritatingly comfortable use of pet names: "baby", "honey", "sweetie". My name is Valry. Young boys, on the other hand, get possessive and resort quite rapidly to an irritatingly persistent pouting stage every time you want to read a book instead of sit around stroking their hair. I have had one boyfriend in my life. A good learning experience, a nice guy. One month and I was done. That was more than enough for me. I couldn't stand being constantly followed, having my time and presence always in demand, being touched and kissed all the time. It's not that I'm not an affectionate person, it's just that I'm very selective about it. I prefer to keep to myself, and reserve expressions of affection for only those I feel closest to. And in the dating world, it requires a great deal of attractiveness on the fella's part for me to want him to touch me. And yes, I am a superficial snob.

On a totally unrelated note, visit this website: http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/27350111.html#cutid1

You will laugh.

No comments: