Wednesday, September 24, 2008

First Day of Skewell!

Well so far so good. Tomorrow I have my history lecture for three hours. I'm honestly not sure if I'll make it through the whole thing without falling asleep. I got home today (after walking 3 miles) and spent about an hour TRYING to make lunch (which was disgusting - Mayonaise is NOT a substitute for Miracle Whip), gagged down an entire can of White Albacore tuna on toast (with some cheese crumbled up for even MORE protein) then I fell asleep for about an hour or so. I am bombed!

My first class is "Intro to Modern Technology". It satisfies a natural science requirement, and I'm sure I'll make some use of it, though I'm not too excited about having an 8 a.m. class that's non-critical. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind getting up early and usually prefer to go to sleep sometime around 9, but when I have to walk half a mile to class (a solid 10+ minutes) and it's cold....I just struggle to find the motivation to get out of my warm bed.
Tech ends at 8:50, and econ (my only other daily class) starts at 11, which means I have to leave my apartment at about 10:30 in order to make it there on time (it's literally on the opposite corner of campus from where I live). So, I walk one-mile round trip in the morning, which is really just enough time to get back and cool down (and freeze and get hungry) before I have to set out again for a 50-minute class. It's two miles round trip for that one, so I will automatically be walking a brisk 3 miles a day.
On Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:00 - 4:50 I have my history lecture. It's on foods, apparently, and different cultures (no idea how it isn't an anthropology class), so I hope it's interesting enough to keep me awake. It'll be about a mile and a half round trip extra on those days. This means I'll be getting up to nearly five miles a day twice a week.
What does this mean for you? Pictures of my super-hot bod next summer when swimsuit seasons starts up again!

So my day was pretty uneventful. There was quite a spectacular collision between a girl on a bike and a guy on a skate board, but I only saw the aftermath (as I was completely focusing on not falling asleep on my trek home!). It's fortunate that neither was hurt because I wold have been too tired to adequately perform any first aid had it been necessary! I hope that my metabolism picks up quickly so that I have a bit more energy. I'm obviously going to be consuming a lot of protein since I will be.....well you can't really increase a non-existent exercise routine, can you? I'm going to be working my butt off (literally) for at least the next quarter. Hopefully I'll be able to somewhat contain my schedule by the start of Winter term so that I won't have to walk quite as far every day. Five miles does seem a tad bit excessive....

No comments: