Thursday, July 31, 2008

Moving Pictures

Everyone that knows me knows that I'm a film addict. Growing up in the military I had a lot of friendless time on my hands and devoted that time to watching movies.

To make a long story short, I just watched the trailer for Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince and I'm totally excited to go see it.

But you know what? I think I enjoy the anticipation of seeing movies more than I do watching them. Months and months before The Dark Knight came out I was bouncing in the couch and gripping my palms with excitement. Three weeks after the release of the movie I still haven't seen it. Same thing with the last three Harry Potter movies. I checked Mugglenet.com multiple times a day, watched every version of the movie trailers, counted down the days with my friends. Neither movie I watched in theaters.

Conclusion: I SUCK AT GOING TO MOVIES! I hate the theater and I'd rather rent/buy a movie than see it in a large room full of sweaty, noisy strangers with no possibility of taking a pee without missing the important parts of the film.
Conclusion-Conclusion: Theaters suck!

No comments: